We have a lot to be thankful for in our Chandler Community. During this Thanksgiving 2018 season, Chandler residents give back with food drives, volunteer dinners, and much more, including our own Living Chandler Food Drive. Our community offers many ways for residents to enjoy their holiday dinners with family and friends, including great places to get turkeys, fully-prepared dinners, and all the things you need to create the perfect table for Thanksgiving.
At Living Chandler, we are so grateful to be part of this community and for all of you, our community members. We hope the information below will help you celebrate your holiday with each other, this amazing community and your friends and family. Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving Volunteering Opportunities in Chandler
Part of being thankful for living in such a great community is ensuring that everybody has a chance to come together with friends and family and celebrate the parts of their lives they’re thankful for. Unfortunately, that can be a challenge for many families and individuals. That’s where our caring community comes in. Are you looking for places to volunteer this year in or around Chandler? If so, check out some of these opportunities. Do you know of other places to volunteer that we missed? Please share in the comments below.
Volunteer in Chandler:
- Living Chandler Thanksgiving Food Drive & Raffle, Monday, November 12, 2018 at 4 PM – 8 PM at Bourbon Jacks in Downtown Chandler.
- Several volunteer opportunities with St. Andrew the Apostle for the Chandler Community: http://www.standrew-cfc.org/thanksgiving-food-drive
- Volunteer for the Salvation Army Community Thanksgiving Dinner: https://volunteer.usawest.org/OpportunityDetail.aspx?ID=3638
- The Chandler CARE Center’s Family Assistance Day 2018, November 17th: https://www.facebook.com/events/2208157622775934/
- Host a Food Drive with the United Food Bank: https://unitedfoodbank.org/donate/host-a-food-drive/
Other Opportunities Outside Chandler
- Spend time with Terminal Patients: https://www.volunteermatch.org/search/opp3035104.jsp
- Day After Salt River Cleanup: https://www.volunteermatch.org/search/opp3022719.jsp
- Serve Meals: https://www.stvincentdepaul.net/svdp-blog/thanksgiving-day-meals-throughout-the-valley
Gobble Gobble! Where to get your Turkey
Here are some great, local places to get your Turkey and trimmings, or even a fully-prepared meal, in Chandler. Don’t wait! Some of these sell out fast.
- Von Hanson’s Meats: You can even get a turducken here!
- Sprouts has fresh turkeys and fully prepared meals.
- Basha’s has fresh and frozen turkeys, as well as fully prepared meals.
- Let Arizona BBQ Company do the cooking for you (scroll down on their site for details).
Need more room to fit all your guests? Rent some tables and chairs from Royalty Rentals.
Eating Out this Thanksgiving?
Would you prefer to gather the family together and let somebody else do the cooking and cleaning up? Who knows, maybe that’ll cut down on the traditional family arguments! Here are a few places that are open and offering a special menu. Some take reservations, so start planning your day now:
- The Keg’s 3-Course Thanksgiving Dinner
- Shula’s Steak House has a Thanksgiving menu
- Fleming’s Steak House
These restaurants are also open. Contact them to see if they have a special menu that day:
Thankful to be Chandler Residents
We hope this helps you have the best Thanksgiving ever and remember to be thankful and give back to our community. At Living Chandler, we are extremely grateful to be part of such a great, caring city, and we have you, our community members, to thank for that. Together, we make Chandler the best place in Arizona to live, grow, work, and celebrate. From our family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!